Need to Know
We are pleased to offer students a multitude of meal plans that can be used at any of our dining locations. If variety is what you are looking for, you can find hot entrees, cold sandwiches, sushi, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, kosher options, and much more at our locations all over campus. Click the buttons below to find out more!
Temple offers various meal plans to fit every student’s needs. A variety of plans are offered, categorized by type: Regular, Premium, and J&H Unlimited. To learn how to sign up for a meal plan, click here.
Things to Know
- Premium Meal Plans provide ultimate flexibility with no Meal Period restrictions. You can use as many meals as you want in a day; You can use all your meals at once if you so choose! You can treat your friend to a meal or buy dinner for the family when they are on campus.
- Regular Meal Plans only allow students to use only one Meal Swipe per Meal Period. See Meal Periods and Meal Equivalency Program for more information on Meal Periods.
- Premium Meal Passes are meals on a semester basis.
- Diamond Dollars are built into price of each meal plan. Additional Diamond Dollars may be purchased through the Diamond Dollars Site.
- The Regular 10 Meal Plan is the minimum meal plan required for any student living in University Housing without a kitchen.
- Weekly Meal Plans reset every Monday at 2:00 am, giving students a new set of meals to use in time for breakfast on Monday. Unused meals do not roll over from week to week.
- There is no down payment! Cost of the Meal Plan will be added to your student's tuition bill.
If you're not sure as to which meal plan would work best for you, we recommend asking Professor Plan He’ll help you to figure out which meal plan fits your lifestyle and give you advice on which plan to choose. All you have to do is answer a few questions and he’ll figure it out for you!
Temple offers multiple dining locations across campus. From All-You-Care-To-Eat dining at Morgan Hall or J&H, to the specialty restaurants in the Students Activity Center, there’s something to eat no matter what you’re in the mood for. Visit the Where Can I use my plan page for more information about each of the unique dining locations across campus.
Meal Plans offer flexibility and value by allowing students to use their meal swipes in both the All-You-Care-To-Eat dining locations and most locations across campus. Meal Plan participants who utilize this option may exchange a meal for a specified dollar value (listed below). If a purchase is more than the equivalency amount for the specific time period, then Diamond Dollars, cash, credit, debit, or another Meal Swipe (excluding Regular Plans) may be used to cover the remaining balance.
Meal Equivalency Value
Equivalency for 2016-2017 academic year
|7:30am – 10:45am||$6.54|
|10:45am – 4:30pm||$8.49|
|4:30pm – 8:00pm||$8.49|
|8:00pm – 12:00am||$8.49|
Meal Plans users with the Regular Plans have specific time slots in which they can use their meal plans. Students with the Regular Plans only are able to use a meal swipe once per "period." Meal periods include breakfast, brunch on weekends, lunch, dinner, and fourth meal on Sunday through Thursday.
Fourth Meal is our late night dining offering! We offer Fourth Meal Sunday-Thursday from 8:00pm until Midnight at the Esposito Dining Hall (J&H). Fourth Meal is served until 11:00pm in Morgan Hall Dining Center, and until midnight in Morgan Hall Food Court.
Check out our FAQ page for all the answers.
If you are having trouble signing up for your Meal Plan through the MyHousing/Meal Plans website, please call 215-204-7184 Monday-Friday, between 9:30am-4:30pm EST. If you have questions about the meal plans or how/where they work, please call 215-204-5374, Monday – Friday, between 9:30am- 4:30pm.
Note: The last date to downgrade or cancel a meal plan is by the end of the 2nd week of each semester. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this, call the housing department at (215) 204-7184. Any upgrade made to a meal plan may take 24 to 48 hours to take effect in the student's accounts. All meal plan and associated Diamond Dollars costs are applied to the student's tuition bill and can be paid through the TUPay website.